Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Hey...anyone there?

OK. So here it is. My first post to "Musings". I don't consider myself a "chatty" person so this isn't as easy as it looks. I mean, sometimes I don't have anything interesting to talk about and often I'm just going in confused circles in my head. Scary. Especially scary because I'm inviting others to participate in this venture. Just starting this additional blog as an addendum to my daily painting one was a huge first step. So give me a break today and I'll try to be more glib tomorrow. Right now I have a cat sleeping on my lap and my back is screaming at me to take a break and lay down. My studio is calling, bills need paying and my stomach is pushing me to go cook dinner. The stomach always wins. Later.

3 comments:

BBC said...

Ah, I see that you live in PA. I started visiting here in about 68. Moved here in 98 after a powerful dream and started on a strange spiritual journey.

Became a spiritualist and a 'street minister' being as I can't stand the crap in churches.

There was a front page story about me in the PDN in 2002 when I did weddings all day long on valentines day.

I also spend a lot of time alone, at the beaches and in the mountains, on retreats. But also around others a lot.

But unlike you, I'm very chatty and show all that is in my head. Some people can handle that and others can't. Whatever.

I have four cats, two live outside and the other two come and go as they please. One sleeps with me, the other one sleeps on top of the wardrobe closet.

I live next door to a wise and wonderful old lady that I look after and cook for and she seems to be the only one that fully understands me.

Anyway, hope you keep in touch, it was nice to have bumped into you during my random surfing, Susan.

BBC said...

Oh, I also paint. But I paint homes, and I'm damn good at it.

Actually I can build homes, I gutted out and redid my place. It looks like a dump outside but that keeps the taxes down, but it's comfy inside.

Ever go out to Granny's cafe? Terry is a friend of mine and I remodeled that place about five years ago.

For the last few years I worked mostly in Sequim but I got so tired of trying to make rich people happy that I decided to take an early retirement.

The last big job I took on was painting George Stratton's home. He is the recently retired director of the library system and a good friend so it was enjoyable to work with him.

Don't pay any attention to me, I just talk a lot.

Susan Martin Spar said...

Wow. That's a lot chattier than I've ever been. Never been to Granny's. I have a ball and chain from my foot to the easel. My cats let me out twice a day to feed them.